SL Bar Association

SL Bar Association

[09:51] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - sam & I were discussing what "service" we can provide to exisitng SL alwyers to corral them into membership
[09:51] Yoss Kamachi: wanna offer reduced membership in completelyelegal.com?
[09:52] Yoss Kamachi: One of my clients in RL operates the site
[09:52] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Greeting Yos
[09:52] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Yoss
[09:52] Yoss Kamachi: Hi sam
[09:52] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Nice to see you.
[09:52] DanielPerry Laa: completelylegal.com?
[09:52] Yoss Kamachi: It is a new site for attorneys to help them with their SEO
[09:53] Yoss Kamachi: you can post articles, comment on the news, chat with other attys
[09:53] Yoss Kamachi: it could be a SLBA service
[09:53] DanielPerry Laa: Is there somehting we can do FOR SL based lawyers - so ething that would appela to SL lawyers inside pf SL?
[09:53] Yoss Kamachi: we started with the local RL bar association where I am here in Md
[09:53] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Sounds like a great idea
[09:54] Yoss Kamachi: underneath it is another Ning-driven website, like our website
[09:54] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Would they alow us to promote SLBA?
[09:54] Yoss Kamachi: Yes, I think it would be a great way to promote SLBA
[09:54] Yoss Kamachi: we promote the baltimore county bar association
[09:54] DanielPerry Laa: ABA distched its social site for lawyers because of a lack ofinterest -
[09:54] Yoss Kamachi: on the site
[09:54] Yoss Kamachi: Interesting the ABA stopped doing it.
[09:55] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I certainly favor that - is it free?
[09:55] Starlight Darkmatter: hi
[09:55] DanielPerry Laa: Before we look outside of SL do we know how many lawtyers are isnide SL?
[09:55] Yoss Kamachi: they want $200 year per person
[09:55] DanielPerry Laa: inside SL?
[09:55] Sam Courtois. Esq.: are there any membership requirements?
[09:55] Yoss Kamachi: but I think I could work out something
[09:55] Yoss Kamachi: they just require that you be an attorney
[09:55] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Hi Starlight!
[09:55] DanielPerry Laa: who wants $200 per year, competelylegal?
[09:55] Yoss Kamachi: yes, daniel
[09:56] Yoss Kamachi: i don't know how many attys are in SL
[09:56] Yoss Kamachi: offhand
[09:56] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I could go for $200L per year!
[09:56] DanielPerry Laa: Hi Starlight - sorry I missed your TP request
[09:56] Sam Courtois. Esq.Sam Courtois. Esq. smiles
[09:57] Yoss Kamachi: yes, $200L might be better
[09:57] Yoss Kamachi: we have 150 members on or website for SLBA, though not all are attys
[09:57] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Do you suppose anyone will come to the meeting today or is this going to be it?
[09:57] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight we were discussng offering some "serrvice" to SL based lawyers (those inside SL) BEFORE we go hunting for lawyers outside SL and it occurred to us that we don't know how many lawyers are INSIDE SL
[09:58] DanielPerry Laa: OK - let me broaden that to legal professiomals
[09:58] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Agenda is the only other person I have head from that might come.
[09:58] Sam Courtois. Esq.: heard*
[09:59] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Daniel -
[09:59] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - any idea how we ewould go about finding lawyers INSIDE of SL?
[10:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I would l think that one thing we might consider doing is broaden the number of people who can communicate with the group.
[10:00] Starlight Darkmatter: May I suggest sending emails to paralegal and law schools to post to their listservs about the SL group? Perhaps those inside would be enticed by some marketing class, with ideas to promote their RL legal business interests and networks.
[10:00] DanielPerry Laa: how would we broaden the number of people who could communicate?
[10:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: As far as I know, there are virtually no notices or anything else that go out from anyone.
[10:00] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - Sam - Great suggestions!
[10:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: It si a amtter of group permission.
[10:01] Yoss Kamachi: we could do that through our Ning site, but we have to increase the monthly subscription cost for that service
[10:01] Sam Courtois. Esq.: matter
[10:01] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - could do qwhat with a higher subscription cost?
[10:01] Starlight Darkmatter: We could create a listserv and put it on the linden lab site, something like the education SLED listserv... let me find the LL link
[10:01] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I don't recall ever ahving received a notice that something new has been posted ont he Ning.
[10:01] Yoss Kamachi: we could send emails to our members of our Ning site if we pay more to Ning for the privilege
[10:01] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - correct -unaware of ANY notices
[10:02] Yoss Kamachi: Right, we aren't paying enough for the privilege, as I understand the Ning subscription
[10:02] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - I you could tell me what the hgiher subscription would do I would underwrite the hgher cost myself
[10:02] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I don't think we need more means of cummunication - I think we need to sue the ones we have.- at least a little.
[10:03] Starlight Darkmatter: lol I think you mean use ;)
[10:03] Sam Courtois. Esq.: of course
[10:03] DanielPerry Laa: lol or could sue them -LOL
[10:03] Starlight Darkmatter: hehe
[10:03] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I thought every one here spoke Typonese
[10:04] Starlight Darkmatter: Ok so here is the example for the educators, and a similar one could be for legal professionals: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Second_Life_Education
[10:04] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Sorry.
[10:05] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - would LL allow us to set one of those up (for $, presumably)
[10:05] Yoss Kamachi: suing would definitely increase a certain kind of communication, lol
[10:05] Starlight Darkmatter: It is possible also to make a profile page for your avatar. Here is one for Archivist.... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Archivist_Llewellyn
[10:05] Starlight Darkmatter: To make a page on the wiki you just sign up and then do this....
[10:05] DanielPerry Laa: Love this!
[10:06] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Starlight - has it been effective?
[10:06] Starlight Darkmatter: in the search box, put User:DanielPerry Laa and press enter
[10:06] Sam Courtois. Esq.: have people contacted you becasue of it?
[10:06] DanielPerry Laa: spo LL encourages or enables us to do that (profile and Legal professional page) without $?
[10:06] Starlight Darkmatter: it will say that page does not exist.... you will have the option to create a page and then edit the page to say what you want
[10:07] Starlight Darkmatter: so you could do the same thing for a group I believe
[10:07] Starlight Darkmatter: User:SL Bar Association
[10:07] DanielPerry Laa: How about press releases or newsletters?
[10:07] Starlight Darkmatter: The education listserv has been very successful
[10:07] DanielPerry Laa: I know there is a SL newsletter - forget its name
[10:07] Starlight Darkmatter: it is called SLED.... lots of members, at least until the price increase for nonprofits
[10:08] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Again I ask - do we need more or do we need to use what we have more??????
[10:08] DanielPerry Laa: price increase for nonprofits - have they acquired sponsors?
[10:08] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - both, don't we!
[10:09] Starlight Darkmatter: Most nonprofits function either as a departmental funding (if a university) or via a grant
[10:09] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Well, candidly, I would opt for dropping one thing if we add another.
[10:09] Starlight Darkmatter: the price increase shook up the grant cycle and many opted to leave for open sim
[10:09] DanielPerry Laa: is the price increase substantial?
[10:09] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - are you in the nonprofit realm?
[10:10] Starlight Darkmatter: Nonprofits and government were given land prices of half the commercial cost
[10:10] Starlight Darkmatter: then they essentially eliminated that discount, doubling the cost
[10:10] DanielPerry Laa: 2X - wow!
[10:10] Starlight Darkmatter: yes, I am in academics and government sims
[10:11] Starlight Darkmatter: with my other avatar
[10:11] DanielPerry Laa: what do you do, exactly?
[10:11] DanielPerry Laa: lawyer?
[10:12] Starlight Darkmatter: Starlight is my alt.
[10:12] DanielPerry Laa: alt = figured THAT
[10:12] Starlight Darkmatter: Archivist is my main avvie
[10:13] Starlight Darkmatter: I am interested in IP and copyright
[10:13] DanielPerry Laa: so why would an archivist be involved with SIMS?
[10:13] Starlight Darkmatter: no not SIMS, sims is a name for islands or subdivisions of islands
[10:14] Starlight Darkmatter: (not SIMS the game)
[10:14] DanielPerry Laa: no, I knew what a sim was ... but why would an archivist be involved with simulations?
[10:14] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Daniel
[10:14] Starlight Darkmatter: anyway I am invoved in the NASA project, and the ARMY projects
[10:14] Starlight Darkmatter: both award winning projects
[10:15] Yoss Kamachi: Daniel: as to your question about Ning, here is the link the subscription plans: http://www.ning.com/compareplans
[10:15] DanielPerry Laa: Thanks, Yoss
[10:15] Sam Courtois. Esq.: It seems to me that the most pressing problem of the day we have is to get people to come to the monthly meetings.
[10:15] DanielPerry Laa: will review ning plans - who owns the website?
[10:15] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We haven't had a quorum for six months or more.
[10:16] Starlight Darkmatter: I can post an announcement to the sled list Sam about the meetings.... just give me a notecard with what you want posted.
[10:16] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - agree but to GET people/avatars here we need to provide them a service - not think CLE alone is any real help
[10:16] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Either you have to make personal contact with the members of the group and persuade them to show up, or youmust delegatethat authoirty.
[10:16] DanielPerry Laa: Thanks, Starlight - will forward info on to you re our meetings in advnce
[10:16] Starlight Darkmatter: Actually I mentioned that CLE credit course and several academics said they wished that they could have attended
[10:17] Yoss Kamachi: Daniel, I think Kate Fitz is our "creator" for the Ning site.
[10:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We are well beyond that point now.
[10:17] DanielPerry Laa: what point?
[10:17] DanielPerry Laa: academics - would they have subscribed to a neslwtter?
[10:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: that we have to worry about providing services.
[10:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We have now officially lost their atention.
[10:18] Sam Courtois. Esq.: attention.
[10:18] DanielPerry Laa: so are purely networking organization>
[10:18] Starlight Darkmatter: Academics like to have some sort of certificate that they can add to their vitas
[10:18] DanielPerry Laa: lost attention - agreed - but we can regain it if wre "think ourside the box"
[10:18] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Try thinking inside the box for a change.
[10:19] Starlight Darkmatter: so something like copyright and IP for virtual worlds would go over great with the librarian groups
[10:19] DanielPerry Laa: certificate of attendance be enough or would want like a cetificate for a prolonged study plan?
[10:19] Sam Courtois. Esq.: contact the membere personally and ask them to come.
[10:19] DanielPerry Laa: inside the box - okay ... forexmple?
[10:19] Sam Courtois. Esq.: members
[10:19] Starlight Darkmatter: well, like that one day continuing education credit offered before....
[10:20] DanielPerry Laa: Personal contact -OK can do that
[10:20] Sam Courtois. Esq.: There are a thousand reasons to do something else.
[10:20] Yoss Kamachi: we could manually send emails to the people that have joined our Ning network, and also send messages inside SL through our group (though I don't think I can do the latter)
[10:20] Sam Courtois. Esq.: So everyone needs to be brought back into the fold one person at a time.
[10:20] DanielPerry Laa: Nonlawyer-Academics can get credit for attending OUR CLE?
[10:21] DanielPerry Laa: do we have alist of previous members?
[10:21] Sam Courtois. Esq.: within a month, we will seek dues and hold elections.
[10:21] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I an guessing that we will have no dues and no candidates.
[10:21] Starlight Darkmatter: it was that MCLE and yes, non lawyers could get credit
[10:22] Sam Courtois. Esq.: furthermore, there is very little institutional recollection int his room.
[10:22] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - agreed re institutional recollection deficient!
[10:22] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I am guessing that you cold be the last President of the SLBA
[10:22] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Please shut the lights off when you leave.
[10:23] DanielPerry Laa: Last president = not worried about THAT!
[10:23] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Why not, pray tell?
[10:23] Sam Courtois. Esq.: look around.
[10:23] Sam Courtois. Esq.: you plus three.
[10:23] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - eveyr organization goes thru this.
[10:24] Sam Courtois. Esq.: And some even survive.
[10:24] DanielPerry Laa: BUT, if we can revivie it then greaT
[10:24] Sam Courtois. Esq.: but it is based on individual effort.
[10:24] DanielPerry Laa: But most fail unless there is a compelling need or service
[10:25] Starlight Darkmatter: One of the most successful groups in terms of attendance I know of is called MICA, they have great speakers each Saturday. Invited speakers give lectures on astronomy..... They regularly have 40 or more in attendance
[10:25] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We have miserably faile dot implement either during the past year.
[10:25] Starlight Darkmatter: Another is Virtual Ability
[10:25] Sam Courtois. Esq.: failed to
[10:26] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We haven't had a speaker in months
[10:26] Starlight Darkmatter: Virtual Ability might be interested in having speakers from this group talk about disabilities and legal rights
[10:26] Starlight Darkmatter: I think if you guys got out there and gave talks to some popular groups as lecturers, that would advertise the group more
[10:26] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Furhermore even iof we did have one, there would be no one here to talk to .
[10:26] DanielPerry Laa: So, let's invite some speakers or, maybe even better, let's have some speaker outreach like Starlight is suggesting
[10:26] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Furthermore
[10:27] Starlight Darkmatter: MICA also hosts talks on technology issues, so perhaps some lecture on technology and the law would be appropriate for that one
[10:28] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - great suggestions
[10:28] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I agree that there are a myriad of subjects we could address.
[10:28] DanielPerry Laa: MICA stands for what?
[10:28] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Getting a presenter and an audience is the problem.
[10:28] DanielPerry Laa: by the way, Starlight - when thye meet, does MICA use oice or text?
[10:29] DanielPerry Laa: voice or text?
[10:29] Starlight Darkmatter: Voice
[10:29] Starlight Darkmatter: So the contact person for Virtual Ability is Gentle Heron (a topic on disabilities and the law would be good)
[10:29] Sam Courtois. Esq.: The most effective presentations use both as well as slides.
[10:29] DanielPerry Laa: voice - that is what I thought. I hav eheard some folks say no reason to come ot our meetings because thewyc an jsut read the chat
[10:29] Starlight Darkmatter: The contact person for MICA is Curious George (a professor at caltech)
[10:30] DanielPerry Laa: typonese
[10:30] DanielPerry Laa: May I use your name in contacting Curious Geirge?
[10:30] Starlight Darkmatter: use my other av name
[10:30] Starlight Darkmatter: not this one
[10:30] DanielPerry Laa: George?
[10:31] Starlight Darkmatter: yes like the monkey
[10:31] Starlight Darkmatter: :)
[10:31] DanielPerry Laa: what is other av name
[10:31] Sam Courtois. Esq.: A good example of an informative and effective presentation is the Phoenix 101 and 201 classes.
[10:31] Starlight Darkmatter: (Daniel, see IM)
[10:32] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - where can get info re Phoenix classes?
[10:32] Sam Courtois. Esq.: You need to join the Phoenix Users Group.
[10:33] Starlight Darkmatter: There are several free slide show presenters available if anyone needs them, I can get you one
[10:33] Tim Faith: On a side note: our state bar here had a session yesterday on Virtual Worlds (I didn't get a chance to attend but thought that interesting)
[10:34] Sam Courtois. Esq.: It is focused on that viewer, so it may neot be of interests if you use Viewer 2; however, my point is that it puts out useful information in an effective way.
[10:34] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - can you email us a link or some way to get more info?
[10:34] DanielPerry Laa: Viewer one or two - I am usong two how about the rest of you?
[10:35] Starlight Darkmatter: Was there a group notice sent out about this meeting today?
[10:35] Sam Courtois. Esq.: As noted I favor Phoenix.
[10:35] DanielPerry Laa: Yes, was a group notice
[10:35] Starlight Darkmatter: Viewer 123 or sometimes Phoenix or Firestorm
[10:35] DanielPerry Laa: Group notoce needs to go our mid-week bt it is traditionally 2nd Sat of the month
[10:35] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Actually, I went back to look at the group and did not see it.
[10:35] DanielPerry Laa: I got it
[10:36] Sam Courtois. Esq.: is it posted on the group?
[10:36] Starlight Darkmatter: So one thing I noticed that... even though ppl know the date is a regular date... it usually leads to more attending if a notice is sent out about 10 mins before the meetings
[10:36] DanielPerry Laa: I'm unsure if is posted - it came to my email box
[10:36] DanielPerry Laa: Starlight - good point - need more email/notice
[10:37] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Who is in charge if it is not you?
[10:37] Tim Faith: here is the link to that MSBA IP session they did: http://www.msbaips.org/?action=events&view=74
[10:38] Starlight Darkmatter: Are there ancillary groups that have good attendance? You could also send notices out to those groups
[10:38] Tim Faith: I can be responsible for emailing our members for meetings in SL
[10:38] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Starlight is right - everyone needs to be personally invited to come with an offer of a tp.
[10:38] Tim Faith: Daniel, can you send notices in SL to our members?
[10:38] DanielPerry Laa: I have tried (unsuccessfully) to communicate with the appropriate person. Not going to point fingers - I am responsible for communicating.
[10:38] DanielPerry Laa: Sam - appreciate it
[10:38] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - yes can send individual notices
[10:39] DanielPerry Laa: DSam - offer of a tp good touch!
[10:39] DanielPerry Laa: Sam
[10:39] Tim Faith: sorry, what does "tp" stand for?
[10:39] DanielPerry Laa: teleport
[10:39] Tim Faith: thanks
[10:40] Tim Faith: thought you guys were suggesting we provide everyone with toilet paper, lol
[10:40] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Yoss - this meeting sounds excellent - do you know any of the presenters personally?
[10:40] DanielPerry Laa: that's th one abbreviation I have learned about
[10:40] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Toilet Paper is right.
[10:40] DanielPerry Laa: Virtual toilet paper = Varmin
[10:40] Tim Faith: I'm a member of the MSBA IP section, but I don't know the presenters of that session personally
[10:41] DanielPerry Laa: MSBA?
[10:41] Tim Faith: The Maryland state Bar association
[10:41] DanielPerry Laa: Thanks!
[10:41] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Although some people also use the abbreviation to mean teleport
[10:41] Starlight Darkmatter: So daniel it says you have abilities to send notices to the group as well as individuals...
[10:42] DanielPerry Laa: Correct Starlight
[10:43] DanielPerry Laa: Will ahve to send notuces to group AND individs with offer of TP
[10:43] Starlight Darkmatter: you might see the other groups related to law, join them and get rights to send notices to those groups as well
[10:43] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Is there going to be a record of this conversation anywhere?
[10:43] DanielPerry Laa: I am copying chat to a text file -
[10:43] Tim Faith: sam, I will post it on the Ning site. I've fallen down a bit on my duties as secretary
[10:43] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Have we just walked away from keeping minutes?
[10:43] Tim Faith: b/c i had missed a number of meetings this year
[10:44] Starlight Darkmatter: For one, I would love to know what the Berkman Center folks are up to. It would be great to have a speaker from there.
[10:44] DanielPerry Laa: As far as minytes go, I have kept most chats
[10:44] Tim Faith: daniel, if you can forward them, i can post them to our site
[10:44] DanielPerry Laa: I know some of the berkman folks - I can inquire
[10:44] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - willreview and forward them onto you
[10:44] Starlight Darkmatter: I subscribe to and read the Berkman Center newsletter, but have yet to see anyone in SL even though they have land here
[10:44] Tim Faith: thanks
[10:44] Sam Courtois. Esq.: That would be much appreciated.
[10:45] DanielPerry Laa: What do you mena see anyine in SL - they are not active or no mention in the newsletter?
[10:46] Starlight Darkmatter: I mean I read their newsletter from RL; Berkman center has land here but the group appears to be defunct with no activities
[10:47] DanielPerry Laa: Seems to be the case with most groups
[10:47] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Actually, although they may have no activities, there are a lot of interesting things there related to building.
[10:47] Starlight Darkmatter: "Synthetic Berkman
Members: Group Icon 129
Founder: Ansible Berkman
Closed Enrollment

A social group created by the Berkman Center at Harvard Law School to explore the metaverse and research novel connections between real and synthetic worlds.
Berkman is currently being worked on. Please bare with us.

View Full Profile in Second Life View Full Profile "
[10:48] DanielPerry Laa: So why would someone come to SL simply to hear a speaker when they could attend any number of wwebnars or teleseminars or actual LIVE events?
[10:48] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Anyhow Yoss - do you know any of the people in the MD IP section to invite into the SLBA?
[10:49] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I think we want members
[10:49] Tim Faith: Sam, yes, I can follow-up on folks i have met in the MSBA IP section and see if any are interested
[10:49] Starlight Darkmatter: Perhaps we could draw members from the inactive Synthetic Berkman group
[10:50] DanielPerry Laa: assume that we can get bodies from lots of places (even the Online Bar Assoc) - pehaps arrange a networking "party"?
[10:50] Starlight Darkmatter: A list of their members with invitations to join this group would be a start... and we already know they have interest or background in the law
[10:50] Sam Courtois. Esq.: One other thought -
[10:50] DanielPerry Laa: do we have folks here wjho can rrange a party or reception?
[10:51] Starlight Darkmatter: Sam could do a reception
[10:51] Sam Courtois. Esq.: It si cool to invite not SL users to come into SL and participate in our group.
[10:51] Tim Faith: we could all come over to sam's new place
[10:51] Sam Courtois. Esq.: is
[10:51] DanielPerry Laa: sam - didn't catch that
[10:52] Sam Courtois. Esq.: However, unfortunately, it seems that some of our members do not know their way around SL very well.
[10:52] Starlight Darkmatter: that would be great if we could get something in the Berkman RL newsletter
[10:52] Tim Faith: sam: i'm sure that's true
[10:52] DanielPerry Laa: I confess
[10:52] DanielPerry Laa: but learning
[10:53] Starlight Darkmatter: Why not write a short article and submit it to the Berkman folks?
[10:53] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Of course - I have a wonderful house that is designed for parties
[10:53] DanielPerry Laa: article = to be posted where, Starlight?
[10:53] Starlight Darkmatter: In the RL Berkman newsletter ... let me find the link...
[10:53] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Starlight and I are hoping to sponsor an open house at some point.
[10:54] DanielPerry Laa: starlight os husemate?
[10:54] DanielPerry Laa: is housemate?
[10:54] Sam Courtois. Esq.: She helps me
[10:54] DanielPerry Laa: cool!
[10:54] Tim Faith: we could set a date and invite everyone over that works
[10:54] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I help her?
[10:54] Tim Faith: *is a member
[10:54] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Fine, but we need more than four people!
[10:55] Tim Faith: I have a list of 141 from our SLBA web site
[10:55] DanielPerry Laa: how many can fit on your sim, sam
[10:55] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Wonderful people though they may be.
[10:55] Starlight Darkmatter: Berkman Buzz: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/node/6742
[10:55] Tim Faith: (:
[10:55] Starlight Darkmatter: (site is currently under maintenance)
[10:55] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We can easily accommodate 20
[10:56] Starlight Darkmatter: they email the stories too to people who sign up
[10:56] Tim Faith: has anyone talked to Geri recently?
[10:56] Sam Courtois. Esq.: No
[10:56] DanielPerry Laa: realistically, when can you e ready for such a party?
[10:56] Sam Courtois. Esq.: she no longer comes to meeting either
[10:56] Tim Faith: I'll email her and see what's up.
[10:57] Tim Faith: i say we set a date today that works for Sam, and start advertising
[10:58] DanielPerry Laa: that's my question
[10:58] Starlight Darkmatter: Next month for a party?
[10:58] Tim Faith: Party + annual meeting
[10:58] DanielPerry Laa: yep, Yoss
[10:58] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I don't thing we should mix the two.
[10:59] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We need to worry about officers and dues.
[10:59] DanielPerry Laa: want to invite speakers?
[11:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I think Daniel should send out a notice every day for the next month saying how it important that people come to the next meeting and pay their dues.
[11:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Focus focus focus.
[11:00] Starlight Darkmatter: If someone from Berkman is going to talk, I can send notices to other groups and get a crowd
[11:00] Sam Courtois. Esq.: As far as a party is concerned, Starlight and I need to get our calendars together.
[11:01] Sam Courtois. Esq.: We can get back to you on a date.
[11:01] Tim Faith: We should also set a date for the annual meeeting, then
[11:01] Tim Faith: and have it here
[11:01] Tim Faith: at the bar office
[11:01] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I would be willing to host a social event every week if it made any sense to do so.
[11:01] Tim Faith: that way attendees can come in and pay dues
[11:01] DanielPerry Laa: Yoss - good pint re dues payment
[11:01] DanielPerry Laa: point
[11:02] DanielPerry Laa: weekly sicial event would overkill
[11:02] DanielPerry Laa: social
[11:02] Tim Faith: we could have a late july annual meeting, based on the last couple of years
[11:02] DanielPerry Laa: one party would be great, however
[11:03] Sam Courtois. Esq.: OK next Wednesday.
[11:03] Tim Faith: what time Sam?
[11:03] DanielPerry Laa: party in mid-july and annual meeting end of July?
[11:03] Starlight Darkmatter: I think this month is better for me for a party
[11:03] Sam Courtois. Esq.: let's say 3 -5 SLT
[11:03] DanielPerry Laa: prty next wednesday? ot eniugh time to get people on-board
[11:03] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Well, start advertising it.
[11:04] DanielPerry Laa: not enough time
[11:04] DanielPerry Laa: sam - it's Sat - party NEXT wednesday???
[11:04] Sam Courtois. Esq.: how long do yu need to put a notice out?
[11:05] Sam Courtois. Esq.: five minutes?
[11:05] Tim Faith: I'll drop in next wednesday. I have a client at 12 SLT but should be free after
[11:05] Tim Faith: I can send out emails this week for it and post to our site
[11:05] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I'd do it if I had permission.
[11:06] DanielPerry Laa: its NOT the act of puttong a notice out ... It's the reality that most of us cannot simply drop what they are doing and come to party in FOUR days.
[11:06] Tim Faith: I don't think it will take too much time on my part. I think I have a landmark for your site
[11:07] DanielPerry Laa: You guys are kidding, right? Even if we ALL blasted emails and notices through the roof we couldn't more than 6 people to attend NEXT wEdnesday
[11:07] Starlight Darkmatter: Sam, it says you have ability to send group notices
[11:07] Tim Faith: starlight, can you make it wed?
[11:07] Sam Courtois. Esq.: The Highlands, Endicott (44. 204. 137)
[11:07] Starlight Darkmatter: yes I can make it
[11:08] DanielPerry Laa: bring 19 friends?
[11:08] Starlight Darkmatter: How about some notice about mingling with legal professionals
[11:08] Tim Faith: Daniel, I can send out the invite by email and ask people to tell me if they can make it
[11:09] DanielPerry Laa: why not do the party end of june or early/mid july (not in confluict with july 4th)?
[11:10] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I am traveling. Most of July.
[11:10] Starlight Darkmatter: I am also not sure of my availability then
[11:10] DanielPerry Laa: so how about end of june?
[11:10] Tim Faith: i am also out of town the week of the 4th and 25th of july
[11:10] DanielPerry Laa: that's only two wkks awy or os but tat's a lot better than 4 days notice
[11:10] Sam Courtois. Esq.: How about next Wednesday, which works for both me and Starlight.
[11:11] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Yoss and I will rattle cages
[11:11] DanielPerry Laa: if you are talking about 6/22 or 6/29 that works - but no conceivable way to move a mountain in 4 days
[11:12] Sam Courtois. Esq.: What mountain?
[11:12] Sam Courtois. Esq.: either people can come or they cannot.
[11:12] Starlight Darkmatter: hmm, I organized a week long conference in about that time :(
[11:12] Tim Faith: i think last minute may work for some of our members
[11:12] DanielPerry Laa: People have plans, Sam. Do I really need to say this? How willing would YOU be to come to a pparty with less than 72 hours notice?
[11:12] Starlight Darkmatter: basically we are talking a short blurb on the website and a group notice saying the same thing
[11:13] Tim Faith: i say we try it and see what happens
[11:13] Starlight Darkmatter: We can always have another party
[11:13] DanielPerry Laa: I am fine with helping anyway I can - send notices, emails etc but do not underswhy 6/22 or 6/29 wouldnot be tons better?
[11:14] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Because I have conflicts?
[11:14] Tim Faith: Daniel, are you able to stop in this wednesday?
[11:14] DanielPerry Laa: yes
[11:14] Tim Faith: Well, the 4 of us can do it, so let's do it then and see what happens
[11:14] DanielPerry Laa: send me the info you want sent out and Iwill send indivudual notices
[11:15] Tim Faith: the MSBA thing Friday was a last minute thing, and some people came to it
[11:15] Tim Faith: I think it will be fine
[11:15] Tim Faith: and we can have a scheduled annual meeting for late july with more notice
[11:15] DanielPerry Laa: i think we are making a mistake and we are teaching folks to say no to us
[11:16] DanielPerry Laa: but will send out notices - perhaps we are compsoed of last-minute folks anyway
[11:16] Tim Faith: I also think my sending out emails will help us to weed out inactive members on our website and get others to be more active
[11:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: I move we adjourn - not that we were ever called toorder.
[11:17] DanielPerry Laa: yoss might have point
[11:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Nice to see you Danial- happy hunting.
[11:17] Tim Faith: bye sam
[11:17] Tim Faith: see you wed
[11:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Nice to see you Yoss - stay in touch.
[11:17] Sam Courtois. Esq.: Starlight - always a pleaseure!
[11:17] DanielPerry Laa: consider ourselves adjourned, thanks, folks! Sam be sure t send me infor party
[11:18] DanielPerry Laa: info re party
[11:18] Tim Faith: by daniel and starlight

Views: 47

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by SL Bar Assn.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service