SL Bar Association

SL Bar Association

SLBA General Membership Meeting
4-12-2014  Began at 10:11 AM SLT

Attendance:  Tim Faith
                    Starlight Darkmatter
                    Geri Kuhn
                    Treasure Ballinger
                    Agenda Faromet
                    Sam Courois, Esq
                    ElizabethEsq
                
                Guests:  Jerkwad Borkotron
                            Crazyman Karu
                            Leiahlissa GossipGirl
                            MrTanks
                            
[10:12] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): which, as I said, is short
[10:12] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i did want to talk about our plans for law day
[10:13] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): and make sure that we are on track for next month
[10:13] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): also, for those of you that are tenants on this level
[10:13] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i wanted to talk about the design changes to the building spaces here
[10:13] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): does anyone else have an agenda item for the meeting?
[10:14] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): ok
10:15] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): our finances stand at L$128,077 and have 53 members
[10:15] Starlight Darkmatter: I was going to ask, about virtual law week -- I had corresponded with Greg Lastowka... Has anyone approached him about giving a talk that week? He has written a great deal about Virtual Worlds and Law. Here is his bio...https://rutgers.academia.edu/GregLastowka
[10:15] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): when is virtual law week?
10:16] Starlight Darkmatter: I mean Law Day
[10:16] Starlight Darkmatter: we could have a week of events and talks and tours
[10:16] Starlight Darkmatter: around that day
[10:16] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i think he would be an interesting speaker
[10:17] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): though i thought we were talking about election law as that is the theme
[10:17] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): any thoughts from the group?
[10:17] Jerkwad Borkotron: How do I donate to the SLBA?
[10:17] Starlight Darkmatter: Anyway I just thought it might be an idea to have some events the week of Law Day
[10:18] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): there is a donation box at the front door - it is the scales of justice
[10:18] Starlight Darkmatter: We could call it Virtual Law Week
[10:19] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): sure, we will be law day all month, i think
[10:19] Leiahlissa GossipGirl: :O
[10:19] Starlight Darkmatter: Just a thought. :)
[10:20] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): I'll try to thump on Faye some more for a talk, and SueMoon for some posters.
[10:20] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): May 3 is the big day for us as I recall?
[10:21] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): And you are right - the theme is voting.
[10:22] Agenda Faromet: The vendors will go live on May 1, but we can aim for May 3 for the big fair.
[10:22] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): so we will need some posters to put up, and a voting-themed speaker on the 3rd
[10:23] Starlight Darkmatter: Ok, well Virtual Law Week can be an idea for another time then I guess.
[10:23] Agenda Faromet: I don't see why we can't wrap Virtual Law Week in. That sounds like a great idea, having one week of Law Month dedicated to virtual law issues.
[10:23] Agenda Faromet: (I mean, other than the fact that we're pretty focused on virtual law /all/ the time.)
[10:23] Starlight Darkmatter: :)
[10:24] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): sure, nothing stopping us from having another speaker in May
10:24] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Absolutely.
[10:25] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): I would suggest May 17.
[10:25] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Would you be willing to contact him, Starlight, on our behalf?
[10:25] Starlight Darkmatter: Sam I believe you also corresponded with Greg. Either of us could do it.
[10:25] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): That would give us a bit of a window to promote him.
[10:26] B. C. (baeric.constantine) is online.
10:26] Starlight Darkmatter: I can invite him if you like.
[10:26] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): ok, we can shoot for 5-17 for that
[10:26] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Thank you - if that is OK with you Mr, President?
[10:26] Treasure Ballinger: Does he have a SL avatar? (havent' read the bio yet)
[10:26] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): any other thoughts on a speaking for 5-3?
[10:26] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): *speaker*
[10:27] Starlight Darkmatter: He said he does have an avatar but is in SL rarely.
[10:27] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): Is there a way someone can record it? That's the one weekend I can't do anything in SL.
[10:27] Treasure Ballinger: kind of short time frame to become SL savvy to bring a presentation hopefully he'll come in and get familiar in advance.
[10:27] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Hello Starshine!
[10:27] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): I think first we need to find out if he is willing to do the presentation.
[10:27] StarShine ღ (starshine.benoir): Hello all
[10:28] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): hello
[10:28] crazyman Karu: Hello starshine
[10:28] MrTanks: hello
[10:28] Treasure Ballinger: Hi; welcome.
[10:29] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): what else was on the agenda for 5-3? any other events besides a speaker
[10:29] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): did we want to throw a party?
[10:30] Starlight Darkmatter: A party sounds fun.
[10:30] Treasure Ballinger: Need new tshirts with this year's year on them. I think the last one I have is from 2012 or so. And it says so, lol
[10:30] Starlight Darkmatter: I emailed Greg and cc'd Sam and Tim.
[10:30] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): 2014 party t-shirts
[10:31] Treasure Ballinger: Law Day tshirts I mean
[10:33] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): treasure, do you know who made the shirts for 2012?
[10:33] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): was it you, agenda?
[10:34] Treasure Ballinger: No I don't know but can look at mine and see
[10:34] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): so we have some things to work out before 5-3
[10:34] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): if anyone else has a thought on someone to talk about elections/voting on 5-3, let me know and I can follow-up
[10:35] Treasure Ballinger: Rezipsa Luckstone made the tshirts. I remember, she had a booth with them at the law day fair here on Justitia
[10:35] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): gotcha
[10:36] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): sam, do you want to talk about the space changes here?
[10:36] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Well, it is Agenda's project; however, I certainly can tee it up.
[10:37] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): ok
[10:38] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Everyone should be aware that there will be some substantial changes to the Village. A mock up of the current think is can be found at the 2500 meter level; but that is not a final format.
[10:38] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Essentially there will be a variety of different sized-offices, probably arrayed around a town square.
[10:38] Starlight Darkmatter: Ah that will mean I will need to update all my landmarks :)
[[10:39] Treasure Ballinger: No changes to the rental parcels on the ground level right? I love my little home!
[10:39] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i think our plan was to swap out the space at this level with the new layout
[10:39] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): After the May Day month, we will ask everyone to pick up their stuff long enough for us to get the new Village in place.
[10:40] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Ther will be no changes to the ground level arrangement Treasure.
[10:40] Treasure Ballinger: good. :)
[10:41] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): The new village will be right here at 900 meters.
[10:41] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i believe we will have more of a village square layout at this level, with the courtyard for presentations
[10:41] Agenda Faromet: I'm sorry, I had to afk a moment. Would you like me to discuss the new village?
[10:41] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): please do, agenda
[10:41] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Ye, I was teeing it up for you Agenda while you were AFK.
[10:43] Agenda Faromet: Cool. So yes, new build! Major new benefits: it has a much better layout and flow. No one's offices will be stuck behind anyone's. Visitors will be able to see everyone's offices immediately and not have to wander the streets. No one location will be more beneficial than another. Offices will be different sizes, so if you want a big office you can have one, but if you only need a small office, you can have that, too. We're also getting a new SLBA building.
[10:43] Agenda Faromet: Also: no big drop-off at the edges, which bothered some people.
[10:44] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): thank you. it will help my vertigo
[10:44] Treasure Ballinger: lol
[10:44] Agenda Faromet grins.
[10:44] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): feeling better already, see
[10:44] Agenda Faromet: It's a full mesh build, and much, much better looking.
[10:45] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): All that people will need to do is specify the size office they want, and the location.
[10:45] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): was there a day you wanted to do the transition in june?
[10:45] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Please feel free to go to 2500 meters and take a look at any time.
[10:46] Agenda Faromet: Right. Note that the village will not /stay/ at 2500 meters, and the platform up there is just a temporary build: I'm still moving stuff around, and things are likely to change. But if you take a look at the building to the left of the tall SLBA office building, you'll see just how much actually fits in the new offices.
[10:46] Agenda Faromet: (I have something like 24 cubicles in there.)
[10:46] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Although we have not set a date yet, we wanted everyone to have lots of notice that they will probably have to pick up their feet for a short period of time.
[10:47] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): i always wanted to have a virtual call center
[10:47] Agenda Faromet: Hahaha
[10:47] Agenda Faromet: Hahaha
[10:47] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): we could take calls on the Windows XP transition issues
[10:47] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): that would be loads of fun
[10:47] Starlight Darkmatter: haha
[10:47] Agenda Faromet: And right. Around the beginning of June, everyone's going to need to pack up their offices. I'll move the whole village all at once, and then people can move in to their new places.
[10:47] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): It's a huge undertaking Agenda. Thank you for all your hard work and talent.
[10:48] Agenda Faromet: Aw, thanks, Elizabeth.
[10:48] Agenda Faromet: It's just going to look so much nicer once we're done.
[10:48] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): it is appreciated
[10:49] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): any questions on the game plan?
[10:49] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): have any existing tenants not been reachable on this coming change?
[10:50] Agenda Faromet: Is that a question for me or for Sam?
[10:50] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): either
[10:51] Agenda Faromet: I'm not sure about the tenants — Sam had reached out to the tenants, but I know he'd said that some of them have been hard to reach.
[10:51] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Mea culpa - I am remiss.
[10:51] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): if we cannot reach someone, can we still move them without great headaches?
[10:51] Agenda Faromet: Sure.
[10:52] Agenda Faromet: I can stroll over to their office and return their stuff. Which is a major headache for /them/, so I really don't want to do that, but I /can/.
[10:52] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): The only real issue is furniture placement.
[10:52] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): ok, let me know and I can bring some moving boxes
[10:52] Agenda Faromet grins.
[10:52] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): it will be a fun june activity
[10:52] Agenda Faromet: I'll order pizza and beer.
[10:52] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): there you go
[10:52] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): I'll drink the beer!
[10:52] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): anything else on the "great move"
[10:53] Agenda Faromet: I know how to treat my friends who help me move!
[10:53] Agenda Faromet: Pizza, beer, and xbox!
[10:53] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi) grins
[10:53] Agenda Faromet: Caveat: must move TV and Xbox first!
[10:53] Geri Kahn (geri.kuhn): I have a truck
[10:53] Treasure Ballinger: Sorry to interrupt, it's my RL birthday and I need to toddle along. Sorry to leave early, good to see everyone! I'll catch up with anything I miss, on the website. Bye for now friends.
[10:53] Geri Kahn (geri.kuhn): Happy Birthday
[10:53] Elizabeth (elizabethesq) laughs... I hope you wait until the end to get the tv and xbox moved in.
[10:53] Agenda Faromet: Oh, happy birthday, Treasure! Have a good one.
[10:53] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): happy b day treasure
[10:53] Treasure Ballinger: thanks :)
[10:53] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): Happy Birthday Treasure. Have a great day.
[10:53] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): BBY Treasure - Happy Birthday !
[10:54] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): we'd sing, but i fear the result
[10:54] Agenda Faromet: P.S. Aries rule!
[10:54] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): HB 2 U! HB 2 U! HB dear Treasure, HB2U!
[10:54] Geri Kahn (geri.kuhn): Very clever
[10:54] Agenda Faromet: Oh, god, who taught Sam how to text-speak.
[10:54] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Yeah, Agenda's B'day is comu=ing up next week!
10:55] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): coming*
[10:55] Agenda Faromet: ....How the hell did you remember that?
[10:55] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): do we have any other agenda items for today?
[10:55] Jerkwad Borkotron: Party?
[10:55] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): He has a really good memory!
[10:55] Agenda Faromet: SAM WORKS FOR THE NSA.
[10:55] Geri Kahn (geri.kuhn): heheeh
[10:55] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): dammit, agenda
[10:55] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): stop blowing our cover
[10:55] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): this is turning into the keystone cops
[10:55] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Shhhhhhhhhhhh
[10:56] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): nothing to see here, just move along
[10:56] Geri Kahn (geri.kuhn): move to adjourn
[10:56] Sam Courtois. Esq. (sam4.courtois): Keystone? Someone say Keystone?
objections as we devolve into silliness
[10:56] Agenda Faromet laughs.
[10:56] Elizabeth (elizabethesq): I second the motion.
[10:56] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): so moved
[10:56] Agenda Faromet: I second the beer and pizza.
[10:56] Tim Faith (yoss.kamachi): see all of you on 5-3 for Law Day

Meeting closed at 10:57 AM.

Yours,

ElizabethEsq Resident

Views: 25

Reply to This

© 2020   Created by SL Bar Assn.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service