SL Bar Association

SL Bar Association

2011-12 Self-Nomination: VP-Finance / CFO

Use this thread to self-nominate for Vice-President of Finance/Chief Finance Officer

Nominations close September 16, midnight PDT. Candidates are invited to speak at the September 17 general meeting.  

Elections will open after the September 16 meeting, and the new officers will take office at the October meeting.

Per our status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all board members must disclose "Real life" identities.
--------------------
Vice President, Finance : The Vice President, Finance will handle financial matters and takes office October 1.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Lexis Looming, and I hereby nominate myself to serve another term as VP of Finance/CFO.   I have been very active in the SL Bar Association for several years now.  I (and several others) worked very hard to get our credential verification system in place.  Since it has been up and running I have been the de facto Credentialing Committee.   I have been on the executive board since 2008.  Since 2009 I have been the VP Finance/CFO.  During my tenure on the Board, we have created a mission statement and strategic plan; we incorporated and updated our by-laws; and we acquired our status as a 501(c)(6) tax exempt organization under United States federal law.  That was a project on which I worked very hard for the SLBA.  I have maintained our books and records current at all times and have provided current financial information at most of our board and general membership meetings and whenever requested.  I have attended to my responsibilities with meticulous care.  Every payment we receive or make has been documented with the Linden Labs transaction ID number in our books.  During my tenure as VP Finance, I initiated the use of the avatar, SLBAAdministrator Clarity, who "owns" the group and keeps the membership rolls up to date, and I obtained written consent for a variance to the Terms of Service from Linden Labs for the SL Bar Association to share the password to this avatar to provide for continuity when there is a change of officers.

I would be very honored if you would consider voting for me to serve another term for the SL Bar Association as VP Finance/Chief Financial Officer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by SL Bar Assn.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service